Vulgar psoriasis: photo, treatment
Psoriasis is a chronic disease,which is characterized by periods of remission and exacerbation. The most common form of the disease is vulgar. Its development is associated with malfunctions in the body's immune system.
Consider what vulgar psoriasis is, its symptoms and possible ways of treating the disease.
The causes of vulgar psoriasis
What is the cause of the disease? As already mentioned above, vulgar psoriasis occurs due to certain failures in the immune system. Although this can happen in the presence of hereditary factors, after the transferred infectious diseases or become the result of malnutrition, stress, nervous tension or the taking of some medications. For those who do not even imagine what vulgar psoriasis looks like, the photo below will serve as a good example.
As you can see, this phenomenon can not be pleasant.
Symptoms of the disease
Begins a common vulgar psoriasis withthe appearance of severely scaly papules and plaques. The knees, elbows, scalp, lumbosacral region, hands and feet can be affected. In this case, the rashes have a bright red color, and the papules can expand and merge with each other. Progressing, the disease affects all new skin areas. Most patients at this time begin to complain of the appearance of severe itching and burning.
Vulgar psoriasis in children is also manifested: rashes are observed in the same areas. But most often in young patients, small pinkish pimples appear on the scalp and in the region of the joints.
Stages of development of the disease
Vulgar psoriasis has three stages of development.
- Progressive (acute) stage. Characterized by the formation of a rash.
- Stationary stage. At this time, new elements of the rash no longer appear, but the old one still does not disappear and worries the patient.
- Regressing stage. During this period, a pseudoatrophic rim of Voronov formed around the rash.
Vulgar psoriasis: treatment
Unfortunately, there is still no unique means,which will help get rid of the disease forever. Treatment provides only the maximum prolongation of the period of remission, as well as the elimination of symptoms during an exacerbation. That is, the disease is not treated, but it stops.
Therapy consists of three main areas:
- Taking anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Conducting symptomatic treatment.
- Blocking of keratinocyte polifering and differentiation.
During the first stage of the disease,detoxification and anti-inflammatory therapy. It includes intravenous administration of such drugs as "Sodium Thiosulphate" and "Calcium Glucanate."
In the presence of severe itching, symptomatic therapy with antihistamine means is carried out: "Mebrogroline", "Chloropyramine" or "Klimastin."
During the severe form of the disease are appointedretinoids, for example "Acitretin," ultraviolet irradiation is carried out. In malignant course of psoriasis, it is necessary to take an electrostatics, one of which is Methotrexate.
Local external treatment during a progressivestage includes the use of moisturizing, keroplastic, indifferent agents, which contain glucocorticosteroids. These include "Hydrocortisone", "Betamethasone", "Clobetasol" and others.
Vulgar psoriasis during stationary andregressing stage provides for the intake of drugs that have keratolytic and resorptive action. It can be "Acetylsalicylic acid", "Ditranol" or "Naftalan oil". Unlike drugs for the treatment of regressive stage, these drugs are characterized by a higher concentration of active substances.
Treatment of psoriasis in children
Therapy for getting rid of psoriasis in childrendiffers from the "adult" option. When choosing the necessary medicines the doctor will take into account the sex and age of the child, the form and severity of the manifestation of the disease, the presence of the baby allergy to medications.
First of all, sedatives anddesensitizing agents. In the case of intensification of the itch to them, the intake of antihistamines is added. Children up to the age of three are additionally recommended means for activating the body's defenses (enhancing immunity). If the selected drugs are ineffective, the physician must necessarily replace them with others.
If vulgar psoriasis in a child is in mild form, he is given monotherapy. In severe cases, systemic and phototherapy is performed to promptly remove symptoms.
It is also possible to use folk remedies, but only beforehand it is necessary to consult the attending physician.
Treatment of psoriasis with folk remedies
It should be noted right away that folk methods of getting rid of the disease can be used only as an additional therapy in combination with the main medicamental treatment.
The methods described below will suit both children and adults. They are included in the intake of infusions of herbs and medicinal baths.
- Infusion from the string to eliminate itching. For its preparation, it is necessary to take three portions of the turn and one portion of the herb valerian, celandine and St. John's wort. A tablespoon of the mixture should be poured a glass of hot water and let it brew for 15 minutes. You need to drink it half the glass twice a day.
- Infusion of licorice root. You need to take three servings of licorice root, two servings of herbaceous, one portion oregano and celandine. Just like in the previous case, you need to brew a tablespoon of the mixture in a glass of water and drink half a cup in the morning and evening.
- A bathroom with medicinal herbs is capable not only ofeliminate the itching, but also remove redness with swelling. To make it, you need to take a large metal saucepan, pour in three liters of water and add a pack of celandine. The mixture must be put on fire and brought to a boil, then cover and let it brew for about an hour. At this time, you can prepare a warm bath, and the water in it should be so much that you can immerse the entire body. The resulting broth before use must be filtered through gauze. In such a medical bath you need to be 10 minutes. The procedure itself can be repeated every day, as it is completely harmless.
Finally I would like to remind you that in no case should not engage in self-medication. It is better to entrust this matter to an experienced specialist.