Antiseptic "Klacid": instructions for use
Among antibiotics, a special place is taken by the drugKlacid, which has a very wide range of action. The drug is available in several forms: in the form of powder, pellets and tablets, coated with a shell. The granulate in the form of granules serves to create a suspension of internal application.
The main active substance of granularClacid (suspension) instructions for use call clarithromycin. It is a powerful semi-synthetic antibiotic, successfully manifested itself in the fight against aerobic and anaerobic bacteria in trials.
The drug Klacid (international name - Clarithromycin) is a strong antiseptic and is used for internal use in the following diseases:
- infection of both upper and lower respiratory tract (pneumonia, bronchitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis);
- various skin infections, as well as soft tissue infections, including folliculitis, furunculosis, infected wounds;
- inflammation of the middle ear (otitis);
- peptic ulcer of stomach and duodenum;
- diseases of the fungal base (mycoplasmosis);
- venereal diseases (chlamydia).
As with any antibiotic, there arecertain time limits of the drug Clacid. Instruction: the suspension as a treatment for infectious diseases can be applied for about 6-14 days. Dosage for adults and children from 12 years: 250 to a maximum of 500 mg twice a day. In case of severe infectious diseases or if there is a violation of the possibility of oral administration of Klacid, the instruction for use prescribes intravenous administration of the preparation with a volume of 500 mg per day. Such treatment is prescribed for up to 10 days. Treatment of severe fungal infections lasts up to 6 months, the drug reaches 0.5-2 g per day in the morning and in the evening.
Use of antiseptics in treatment requirescompulsory medical supervision. In addition, due to the extensive use of Clacid, the instructions for use should be carefully examined. In particular, it is necessary to take into account the contraindications of the drug:
- Hypersensitivity to the constituent components.
- Pregnancy in the first trimester and lactation.
- The incompatibility of Clacidas with certain medicinal products (for more details see below)
- Precautions are recommended for persons with renal and hepatic insufficiency.
In connection with a large list of side effects of the drug Klatsid, instructions for use are mandatory for familiarization. Among the possible negative consequences:
- oppression of the nervous system (dizziness, headache, anxiety, fear, insomnia, nightmares, depersonalization, confusion);
- influence on the digestive system and subsequent reactions in the form of nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, gastralgia, stomatitis, glossitis, cholestatic jaundice.
- deterioration of the reactions of the senses: dysgeusia (change in taste), the appearance of noise in the ears, rarely - hearing loss after withdrawal of the drug;
- thrombocytopenia (bleeding and hemorrhage);
- allergy to drug components: itching, skin rash, anaphylactoid reactions.
In addition, it is necessary to know the consequences of a possible overdose of Clacid. The instruction for use states that exceeding the dose of the medicine may result in:
- to confusion;
- to a headache;
- to violations of the functions of the digestive tract.
Eliminate these symptoms by washing the stomach.
Treatment with Clatiduse strongly not recommended to combine with drugs such as cisapride, pimozide, terfenadine, eogotamine and astenisol. Otherwise, the risk of serious side effects is high.
Shelf life of the drug is 2 years in a dark place and a temperature of no higher than 30 degrees C, the finished suspension can be stored at room temperature for no longer than 14 days.