"Montelukast": analogues and instructions
"Montelukast" - a drug that has a bronchodilator effect. It was synthesized relatively recently and is not addictive. The medicine cures spasm of the bronchi, preventing asthma attacks.
The drug is produced in the form of chewing andsimple tablets for oral administration. Acts as follows: eliminates spasm of muscles in the pulmonary vessels, reduces edema and slows down the processes of separation of mucus.
"Montelukast" (analogues-synonyms: "Singular" and "Singlon") is released according to the recipe, it is stored no more than a year in a dark dry premise.
The drug is taken in an amount of 4-10 milligramsOnce a day, adults are recommended to take a maximum dose of 10 mg at bedtime, the drug is sufficient for a day. After elimination of symptoms (usually this occurs on the first day after admission), you should continue to take preventive measures. The duration of prevention depends on the severity of the disease and the characteristics of the body and is set by the doctor. May be administered together with inhalers.
Usually, to prevent spasm,take 5 mg of the drug "Montelukast". Analogues, instructions for use - all this says that the effect occurs within two hours, remains for the whole day; while taking more than ten milligrams of the drug does not improve the effectiveness of the action.
Admission with other medicines
- Simultaneous use with other medications from bronchial asthma and allergic rhinitis is allowed.
- "Phenobarbital" reduces the effectiveness of "Montelukast" by about forty percent, the effect is somewhat delayed (for 1-3 hours), which can adversely affect health in sudden spasm.
- Gradually, in connection with the pharmacokinetics, you can abolish inhaled glucocorticosteroids (glucocorticosteroids). In the stage of remission, this makes it possible to live patiently and save on medicines.
Indications for use
The medicine "Montelukast", analogues are appointed in the following cases:
- If it is necessary to eliminate the chronic rhinitis caused by an allergic reaction, regardless of the nature (allergy during hay fever or constant sensitivity to anything).
- For the prevention of bronchial asthma.
- For the constant therapy of bronchial asthma in the case of an allergic reaction to aspirin (ordinary salicin).
- The need to abolish cyclic diurnal asthma attacks.
- Prevention of bronchospasm with high physical activity.
The drug "Montelukast" (analogs, generics and medications of this kind) is contraindicated in two cases:
- Allergic reactions (from hives to anaphylactic shock) to the active component of the drug - Montelukast sodium.
- Age to two years.
With caution, "Montelukast" is appointed at:
- Children under six years.
- Dysfunction of the liver, in particular - liver failure. Possible development of hepatitis in persons who are predisposed to this disease.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Simultaneous reception with other medicines.
Most often, when the drug is taken "Montelukast", analogues and its generics, indigestion of the stomach, severe dizziness and short-term loss of orientation, headache and swelling of the mucous membranes may appear.
Less often (less than a tenth of a percent of patients) there are such unpleasant consequences:
- Drowsiness, fatigue, aggression and hallucinations.
- Seizures, the provocation of epileptic seizures in patients with predisposition.
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, manifested in nausea, loose stool and pain in the abdomen and pelvis.
- Allergic reactions.
- Unjustified pain in muscles and joints.
- Increase the chance of bleeding, swelling and bruising (hematoma), so patients with leukemia drug is strictly forbidden.
- Cough, runny nose, sensation of heat - influenza state.
Overdose with the medicine "Montelukast"(instructions for use, price, analogues - all this in prostaglandin preparations is similar, so it will be approximately the same and the effect on the body) is quite possible. The maximum admissible dose of taking the drug: 0.2 grams for twenty days or 0.9 grams per week does not cause an overdose effect. In acute overdose (1 gram of the medicine at a time), the following symptoms are observed: thirst, vomiting, nervous excitement, which can be replaced by drowsiness. The treatment is the removal of symptoms, there are no specific recommendations.
Analogues and prices
Many drugs have a whole listsubstitute drugs, is not an exception, the "Montelukast". Analogues "Singular" and "Singlon" in terms of cost practically do not differ (from eight hundred and fifty rubles for the package of the drug).
Please note that one should not self-medicate - the drug should be prescribed only by a doctor.