Nose bleed. Why does it arise and how to deal with it?
As a rule, nosebleeds are notindependent disease, but only a sign of many diseases of the nasal cavity and the whole organism as a whole. Nasal bleeding is most affected by people, after 50 years and children under 10 years.
The causes that cause nasal bleeding,a bunch of. The most frequent is the weakness of the vascular system of the nose. Many just blow your nose or wipe your nose to cause bleeding. Also this phenomenon is familiar to those people who have high blood pressure. A perfectly healthy person can face nosebleed during sudden surges of atmospheric pressure. Also, no less common cause of bleeding is any trauma to the nose.
Factors that provoke bleeding are divided into local and systemic.
- swelling of the nose;
- taking narcotic drugs by inhaling through the nose;
- injury or injury to the nose (in children as a consequence of picking one's finger in the nose);
- Infectious and inflammatory diseases (rhinitis, acute respiratory infections, etc.);
- dryness of inhaled air; 4
- pathology of the vessels of the nose;
- use of nasal sprays;
- operations on the nasal cavity;
- presence in the nose of a foreign body (most common in children).
- blood diseases;
- heavy physical activity;
- overheating or sunstroke;
- liver disease;
- drinking alcohol;
- heart failure;
- negative reaction to medicines;
- high vascular permeability, which is caused by severe infections or hereditary factors;
- a profession associated with sharp differences in barometric pressure;
- Nasal bleeding during pregnancy occurs due to hormonal disorders.
As a rule, nosebleeds beginimmediately after receiving a head or nose injury. In almost all cases, it stops spontaneously. If the bleeding is caused by the above diseases, then it can last a considerable time, which leads to an acute (in a single case) and chronic (with repeated bleeding) anemia.
Nasal bleeding: treatment
If all of the above measuresnosebleeds do not stop, and while there are symptoms of vomiting with blood or hemoptysis, you need to call an ambulance immediately. After all, with such blood loss, the amount of bleeding grows very quickly, and this can already serve as a threat to human life.