Shut-off valve: useful information
The check valve is an elementPipe fittings used in various situations. In such a device, the movement of the locking element is parallel to the axis of the main fluid flow inside.
Valves are widely distributed,performing the functions of the shut-off valve, which allows to ensure high-quality sealing in the shut-off organ, while the design of the device is quite simple. Valves are used for gaseous and liquid media with a wide range of working properties: pressure and temperature. They are usually used on pipelines that have a small diameter, since larger sizes have to deal with a situation where the force required to control the valve increases substantially, and the structure becomes more complicated to ensure a correct fit of the closure placed on the seat ring.
The shut-off valve has a number of advantages:
- possibility of use in conditions of increased pressure and temperature, vacuum, aggressive and corrosive environments;
- Simplicity of repair and technological maintenance directly in operation.
- for a full opening requires a small shutter stroke, so the mass and height of the device is also quite small;
- tightness of the valve in the valves is much easier to provide than in the valves;
- when opening and closing the valve, the friction of the seal is almost impossible, which significantly reduces the degree of its wear;
- as a seal of the valve, the use of a bellows is allowed.
The safety shut-off valve has certain drawbacks:
- high hydraulic resistance, that atsignificant diameter of the passage and high velocity of the medium creates significant energy losses, which causes the need to increase the initial pressure in the system;
- The diameter limits the application limits of the valve;
- in most constructions there are stagnant zones, where there is an accumulation of mechanical impurities from the working medium, and this significantly increases the corrosion in the valve body.
In any case, this type of reinforcement is widely used.